Q Jars of Clay -Show You Love, Philippines 2005 Concert & Fans Club: Yek's moment

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Yek's moment

By Yek Dizon, the guy who proposed

The best concert I've ever been to!!! Got tickets to
the front row so I can go up the stage faster!!!
Hahaha

It started out with the front act, Barbie's Cradle!!!
First time I saw a girl really rock! She rocks!!! She
sang several songs and her last song I think was the
torpe song.

Then the lights went out.... it was time, Jars of Clay
was about to play. Even before they started, my right
ear started to become numb coz of my friend's
senseless shouting "Ayun na! kita ko na buhok nila!!!
Ayan ayan, si Dan aakyat na!" hahaha Anyway they
started out with "I Need You" to get the crowd pumped
up early. The songs that followed were great!!!! Then
at the middle of the concert, Dan talked to the crowd
about Filipinos loving karaoke, so he asked someone
from the crowd to sing with them because they suddenly
forgot the lyrics of the song....so they called.....
ME, Yek Dizon....... Jars of Clay called my name!!!!
hehehe Then they called my girlfriend Monique up the
stage...... We sang Unforgetful You with them on
stage.... I was so into it, I felt like a rockstar but
I knew I was out of tune (the crowd's ears must have
bled from my singing) hahaha!!! I couldn't hear my
voice and couldn't follow the lyrics but I didn't
care, I was jamming with Jars of Clay man!!! Good
thing the crowd was singing with us, great crowd " I
love you Manila" I forgot to say those words on stage
hehehe. Then after, it was time, time to give the
ring.... good thing steve stopped Monique from going
down the stage..... Then Steve and Dan held the mic
for me... I knelt and said, "Ms. Monique Javier, I
don't think ten years is enough for me, let's make it
forever..... Will you Marry Me???" Whoa the crowd was
great and very supportive! Monique eventually said
yes.... Then after the proposal... on with the
concert!!! They played a few more songs, then there
was the song I've waiting for all night FLOOD!!!!
Everyone was jumping and singing!!!! Great song and
great performance.....then after, they momentarilly
left the stage to give an "encore performance". The
last song they played was Tea and Sympathy..... My
friend lit a lighter but the Araneta security gave him
a stare like he was gonna bite my friend "Grrrr Arf
arf"". As an alternative to the lighter, the crowd
used their cellphones!!! Hahaha Pinoys improvised!!!

Great experience!!! Unforgetful talaga!!! Thank you
Jars of Clay!!! Thank you for your help!!!

No comments: