Q Jars of Clay -Show You Love, Philippines 2005 Concert & Fans Club: Cebu Review by ArianneFaith

Monday, March 21, 2005

Cebu Review by ArianneFaith

JARS OF CLAY -- SHOW YOU LOVE IN CEBU

"im gonna show you love in every language.
im gonna speak with words that need no form.
im gonna give you what you never had before."

"If I've done only ten right things in this lifetime... going to JARS
OF CLAY Concert was one of them."

I seldom go crazy over performers---not me to squirm, ogle and get
giddy on celebrities.
BUT when Jars of Clay came over, I was standing up in my chair,
jumping up and down with the rest of the crowd and screaming my lungs
out, singing with their songs.

IT WAS GREAT. I kept talking about it. I kept thinking about it...
hours and days after the concert lights went out.

NO offense to the opening act, but I sort of got impatient sitting in
the front row waiting for JARS OF CLAY... waiting for the front act to
finish. Still was the front act. pretty fine. but well.
I was waiting for JARS OF CLAY --- and I was still not able to believe
they were performing that night.
JARS OF CLAY? man, i've been like listening to their songs since I was
in highschool.
The hit single Flood just blew me away.... then Five Candles... then
Tea and Sympathy... and so many other hits.
I love Dan's voice. I love their lyrics (beautiful, introspective,
humbling, and none preachy). I love the melodies. I just love the
whole pack. And I love their attitude. A Christian Contemporary rock
band that penetrated MAINSTREAM POPULARITY without losing their heads,
without giving up what they started with... their humility intact,
their music not compromised. I love them for professing their faith in
a world not quite sane at awful lot of times

So I squirmed and screamed and got giddy that night.
The crowd was feverish, almost all hit songs from various albums were
performed by Jars of Clay, considering it was their first time ever in
the Philippines (i hope and wish and pray that it wasnt the last
though).

When JARS OF CLAY came out, opening it with the song "I need You", I
was having goosebumps in my head.
I was so OA. haha. But the ones around me were sort of teary-eyed too.
My friends were as noisy as I was, I dont know whose throat hurt the
most. My friend Petite was just going crazy screaming for her favorite
song Lonely People (a classic they revived).
The guys behind us were screaming Flood. I was screaming Tea and
Sympathy. My friend Anamae was just screaming. And my niece Ava was
like... mesmerized and mystified...she was awfully silent. We were
like, SO O--A. hahaha.

I kept screaming I Love You DAN!!! Grrr. My friend Anamae has this
little problem. She swore Steve the bassist kept glancing her way.
hahaha! Whatever. Petite just amazed me, she promised she won't get
wild that night because she wasn't feeling too well....but when the
concert was just about starting..you'd think she never had any
tootache the previous days. She was pumped up all of a sudden, I
almost told her to stop screaming for a bit. hehe. Wow that was just a
wonderful beautiful great once-in-a-lifetime experience. Thanks to
Jars of Clay for sharing us their music.

In other words it was insane, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.

And the tease was, after JARS OF CLAY sang Flood, they sort of said
thanks and headed down stage...lights off. I was just staring at them
with my mouth open. NO NO NO. They wont sing TEA and SYMPATHY????
C'MON!!! the crowd was chanting for them to come back, although at the
back of our heads we know it was just a tease.

AH WELL, they came back shortly... and then, actually sang TEa and
Sympathy (lights mellowed)...
I was just teary-eyed when they actually sang tea and sympathy. It was
really nice.
And the crowd sang it with them. I knew that song by heart. I loved it
by heart. Everyone apparently does.

And then, for their finale, they did JESUS BLOOD. Anamae bowed down
her head and took in the moment. Petite raised her one hand and closed
her eyes. I wonder if those gestures would seem funny.... I was just
listening on...Ava and me, our eyes were on stage looking at the guys
perform... hearing "Jesus Blood never failed me yet..this one thing I
know is that HE loves me so.." over and over again. And I was feeling
so peaceful hearing that song.

Thank you JARS OF CLAY for that moment. Thanks for the MUSIC. THANKS
FOR THE FAITH.

CEBU LOVES YOU JARS OF CLAY.

No comments: