Q Jars of Clay -Show You Love, Philippines 2005 Concert & Fans Club: cybele's review

Thursday, March 03, 2005

cybele's review

First of all, to all those who got to be within spitting distance of
Dan, Steve and Charlie...I HATE YOU ALL!!! Hahaha! Ngit-ngit ako sa
bwiset when I saw Yek's fiancée hug them all. But at the same time, if I
were in her shoes, I probably would have just stood there, grinned like
Chandler and shook.

I don't want to repeat what everybody else has said about the concert.
I'm also sure that you have your own views about which was the best part
of the concert (meaning which song, which joke, which moment, etc.)

I'm usually a super madaldal person (ang joke ng nanay ko "Natutong
magsalita late na pero hindi pa tumitigil since then)...but after this
concert and to this moment, when people ask me, "How was the Jars
concert?" I just grin, while my eyes start to shake like in Japanese
cartoon characters.

I have all of their albums including the "rare stuff" like Jars of Gems,
Furthermore, White Elephant Sessions and of course, a couple of mp3s
(OK, more than a couple of mp3s) of their live performances. I'll be
brutally honest--parang mahina ang baga ni Dan kapag studio recording.
But not one shred of that when he sings live. Am I going insane or is it
almost like there were times na he was "semi-hypnotized" when he would
sing? Nakaka-sira ng ulo. My friend had to tell me, "Save your energy!
First song palang."

The day of the concert started off all on the wrong foot...early morning
meeting in QC tapos takbo ng Makati for a quick meeting (dapat 1 hour
lang, naging 3 hours) tapos sakay ng cab with the most insane cab driver
ever (bukas ng bintana, mura, ngarat sa lahat ng sasakyan na muntik pa
kaming mabangga) tapos mga clienteng tawag ng tawag ng tawag ng tawag...

Then I stepped into Araneta and got our seats.

And I'm still in a daze. Ten years of waiting to see them live and I
find myself still not believing it happened.

Ano pa kaya duon sa "bruha" who got to shake hands with them? Hahahaha!

God bless, you all.

Cybele "Haseltine" (wishing, I'm wishing, wishing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi cybele, big fan din ako. marami na tayo. my officemate told me "can u pls stop talking about jars na? you've been mentioning it like last week pa!!you're going nuts" and i couldnt help but smile stupid. call me nuts coz i am. wow, i never ever once thought they'd come here. we were so happy pumunta din sila ng cebu. my gosh!!
God bless you all jars fans. keep the faith alive.