Q Jars of Clay -Show You Love, Philippines 2005 Concert & Fans Club: Audrey Assad Explores Faith Walk in New Album

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Audrey Assad Explores Faith Walk in New Album

A new worship album from the up-and-coming Christian recording artist Audrey Assad is set to hit stores across the U.S. in July.

Assad says her new album, entitled The House You're Building, is about faith.

"It's about the cross and fear and pain and how God is carrying me even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it,' Assad told Breathe Cast, an online Christian music source.

'Marshall (the album's producer) pulled things out of me emotionally that I don't think I'd ever accessed, making me realize that every time I sing these songs, I have to channel my pain and walk through it...That's been my journey the last few years, learning to believe that and walk in that acceptance of God choosing me," she said.

The new album has already won endorsements from fellow musicians like Chris Tomlin and Jars of Clay's Charlie Tomlin.

According to Christian's Music Review, "Her vocals are Female Vocalist of the Year quality...I think she could be the next big thing."

In a recent interview with CBN News Reporter Wendy Griffith, Assad shared where she gets her musical inspiration. Click play to watch the interview.

No comments: