Q Jars of Clay -Show You Love, Philippines 2005 Concert & Fans Club: get to know dan haseltine

Friday, February 11, 2005

get to know dan haseltine

Full Name: Daniel Paul Haseltine

First Song (& Age Written): The first song I wrote was called "Suicide Note" and was actually a song written for a church youth group album called Youth Sing in central Florida. I was fifteen, I think.

Favorite Sports Team: The Tennessee Titans

Have you read any good books lately? This will sound really sad, but I've been out of reading for about a year now. I've picked up a couple of things here and there. There's a book called The Sacred Romance by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge about drawing closer to the heart of God.

What are you learning from this book? I'm learning how to read a little bit quicker, so that I can get through it. No, I grew up in a church that had a lot of really bad theology, so I've been really interested in learning a lot of the basics again, reminding myself of the gospel, the heart of that. This is a really good book that gives a good solid foundation of faith.

What's in your CD player right now? Wilco's Summer Teeth, Vertical Horizon's Everything You Need and The Soft Bulletin from The Flaming Lips.

Favorite Bible Verse: II Corinthians 4:7, which is where we got our name. It's kind of a cop out, but it says so well what we are, the human race, what we're about, how fragile we are and how much we need God. It says so much about what God has done, that that's what matters and not what we do. That's really it.

More: click here.

No comments: